Sunday, February 22, 2009

once in an afternoon

Once, in an afternoon...
I set out along the line of the grass, trailing the smell you left behind. It seems ages ago, when you tell me you will always be there for me. And I will always be in your heart.

If you were here, would you still remember this place, this grass, this me or this we -lurking among the grasses, catching butterflies or dragonflies, strolling along the fences or just lying basking in the sun.

If you were standing in front of me now, would you still recognize me, as the one you once loved and cared about. Would you even come forward and say a simple 'Hello. How are you?" Or would you just turn around and walk away, pretending you never knew me.

Trailing along the fences, it was once you and me in an afternoon. Now, trailing behind you is not ME anymore.



The above is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any cats, living or dead, events or locations is entirely coincidental - Lucyriver-

No comments:

Post a Comment